Festivals are celebrated across the globe even in places with strict culture and tradition like the Middle East. Yes, even the Middle East finds time to enjoy and showcase its culture through music, foods, cultural presentation, and the likes. If you want to have a first-hand experience as to how people in the Middle East celebrate festivals, then come to these parts of the Middle East. Keep in mind that there is a specific time of the year for such festivals.
1. WickerPark Festival, Lebanon – It is a celebration of music and art featuring the local and homegrown bands in Lebanon. Aside from music, you also get to see the country’s work of arts. There are independent vendors where you can buy the local’s work of art. It takes place every September of the year in Batroun, PATA formerly Daou Garden.
2. Cairo Jazz Festival, Egypt – It is a celebration of Jazz music happening every October of the year. It was founded by Amro Salah; a pianist, composer, and producer. It is a way of paying tribute to the unique form of music and participated by musicians all across the globe. It is a three-day event held at the venue hall of Greek Campus and the Cairo Jazz Club.
3. Taste of Dubai, UAE – It is a three-day event featuring Dubai’s foods, drinks, and music. Be prepared to come to Taste of Dubai as you will witness the finest cuisines prepared by world-class celebrity chefs. There will also be live cooking demonstrations.
4. RedFestDXB, UAE – it is the biggest two-day music festival in Dubai. It showcases both local and international artists. It takes place every February of the year. Aside from music, you can also enjoy regional foods sold at a reasonable price.
5. Qatar International Food Festival, Qatar – This festival features not only great foods but for exceptional entertainment too. If you are in Qatar, make sure you do not miss this event. You will be able to experience a culinary show off in three locations: MIA Park, Katara, and the Pearl Qatar.
6. Awafi Festival, UAE – It is an annual festival showcasing history and culture in the form of outdoor sports. It is celebrated every summer and known for its competitions to scale the tallest sand dunes using improvised vehicles. Awafi festival also showcases art exhibitions, a Heritage Village show, and the main bazaar. It takes place in Ras al-Khaimah desert.